Tuesday, April 04, 2006

"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." - John 14:6

Do you truly believe in what Jesus said in John 14:6?

This is the question that keeps coming back to me throughout the week. I know that God is not looking for a standard "christian" answer from me. God is challenging me to check my life: if Junbin believes that Jesus is indeed the way, the truth and the life, how is he living his life in response to that?

A lot of times in our walk, we get discouraged, become fearful, lose focus and allow ourselves to get caught up with the soap operas of the world, instead of maintaining an attitude of single-mindedness towards life that comes from the knowledge that Christ is Lord. I am very much guilty of that. Yet this is what the Bible says through the words of Paul:

"I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace." - Acts 20:24

"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." - Galatians 2:20

"I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things." - Philippians 3:8

When I read these verses, I know one thing very clearly: this man truly believes that Jesus is the way, the truth and the life.

This man truly loves Jesus, high above all other things in life.



My child, do you truly believe that I am the way, the truth and the life?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home