Saturday, April 08, 2006

Hmm, I'm still not used to checking the team's blog yet.

Anyway, today God reminded me that it's all about Him and not about me. I took a walk along East Coast to get to my friend's house this afternoon and while walking I realised that many times I've been trying to be in control of things in my life. Been trying too hard to keep things in line. But God just blew me away by reminding me of a fundamental truth: It is by grace that I am saved, through faith, not by works so that no man (including myself) can boast. (Eph. 2:8) Because I think it's so easy to end up taking pride in what I can do that I forget about relying on God. Another thing was to be satisfied in God and God alone. Sometimes I think I get easily taken in by the standards set by the world and start giving myself undue stress to boost my self worth when actually all I need is just to be satisfied in God, resting in the fact that I am His child and that is my true identity. I don't need to do a host of things to prove my worth. Jesus Christ is enough. Humbled by God's reminder and wake up call for me. I ended up remembering the sharing of Psalm 46 during LM: "Be still, and know that I am God...The Lord of hosts is with us; The God of Jacob is our refuge." Ps 46:10-11 and singing "Be Still" as I walked to my friend's house.

Truly we have an AWESOME and AMAZING God who knows our every need!
*sorry for such a long post*
ps: Got $50 so far...a bit slow I know...*hehe*

2 Comments:

At 11:13 AM, Blogger MY said...

Zhi Zhen, how is your support-raising going? Ganbatte-ne!! : )

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger zhi zhen said...

hey meiyen! my support raising is moving quite slowly...*haha* but i'm trusting God to provide for me eventually and i know He will! ^_^

 

Post a Comment

<< Home