Monday, April 10, 2006

Hi all! Sorry that this is overdue, but here goes...

My exams are over and I would really like to give thanks to God for it all. I must say that I was humanly underprepared. Most people started studying 3 weeks before the papers, but I only started 1 week before, due to a lot of reasons that I shan't go into. And I was very behind on my revision timetable even though I planned it for this one week. In any case, for physiology, I only managed to start at around 4pm the day before, and only managed to cover the last few topics by skimming through. For biochem I only had about 1.5 days' worth of studying. This was mainly because I devoted too much time to anatomy (for which I barely covered an important part, which was the head and neck anyway). But I just left it into God's hand and was at peace.

As I did the papers, I would frequently not know what to write at all when I read the question. Then I'd get an inkling about something that's relevant and I'd write that down first. Then as I wrote, I began to have more and more to write. When I was done with each question and went back to read the answer, it sounded unbelievably coherent and I think I really got the answer... it hardly sounded like something I'd write in the first place. There were many other ways in which God helped me with my paper... by giving me sudden recollections not unlike a video replaying in my head about a lecture/tutorial I'd attended, by helping me think of a way to find the answer of a pure recall question (eg. by checking the chemical structures in the biochem reference manual I could roughly cough up an enzyme name) and so on.

I still don't know how I did, but it's certainly swung from a don't-know-if-I-can-pass situation to one in which I'm much more confident. So I just wanna give Him all the glory. I would also like to sincerely thank all of you who've been keeping me in prayer and who sms-ed me to ask me how it was.

And for those still facing exams and other deadlines, I wanna encourage you to jia1 you2 and trust in Him and Him alone (not in whether you can complete revising, or whether you are able to retain the info, or whether you can spot questions, or whether you can force yourself to sit through and study).

2 Corinthians 12:9-10
And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.



And before I forget, my DISC profile... (I've no idea why all my values are way higher than Nelson's... maybe I was just trigger happy in selecting stuff).

C - 93
D - 71
S - 69
I - 16

This is the one I just did a few days back. There was another one I did in JC which might have been slightly different, but I know the "I" was still the lowest and I had all three, C, D and S, above the line too, although possibly in a different permutation.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home